Official 
Old Bastards 
Scooter Club

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Scooters > Why?

3572 Taxi Dave

Why do people have the impression that Lambretta's are more unreliable than Vespa'a when actually everything I ride blows up!!!

--

Too old to die young

October 24, 2009 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3614 tim"tatz"

not sure on that one dave, i ride a p2 and bought it because i always remember lambrettas being unreliable when i was a weee lad. but i also remember that as kids none of us ever even thought about giving a scooter a service and we thrashed the shit out of them wherever we went. its no wonder they always blew up. yet these days i ride with quite a few lammys and they seldom have problems with them, because they are serviced and well maintained. so i think it could just be a bit of a stigma that a lambretta is more unreliable than a vespa, which could have derived from those early days when we all abused our scooters. if its any consilation my p2 has recently decided to leak 2 stroke oil from under the carb box when it is sat not being used and when it is used it hardly leaks. tried new gasket, three times now and the twat still leaks. any ideas anyone?

October 24, 2009 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3588 Denz & Co

It must be due to the fact that on rallies one tends to see so many loyal scooterists on their knees praying to the great god of Italy for a part that happens to be the one part they forgot to pack in their spares bag.

Might also be that although they look great they resemble a typical scandinavian model, looks great but s**t in bed ........... although why you would take a Lambretta to bed is beyond me.

--

Buy it, Ride it, Love it, Sell it, Regret it, Start over again.  :tongue:

November 20, 2009 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

3614 tim"tatz"

i haven't got any idea why you would want to take a lambretta to bed with you, but i will ask my mate ....... he'll tell me, cause i'm shore he does!!! lol.  

November 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

odey
Limited Member

I GO TO BED WITH MY LAMBRETTA BECAUSE MY VESPA  LEFT ME OH YES AND SX IS BETTER AH AH

December 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

1 Taff

Vespa's auto lube: Sometimes the metal pipe screw comes loose. Try that.

Standard Lambretta's or well done tuned ones work fine. It's those BAD Indian ones OR the more recent Vietnamese pieces of s**t you need to look out for!!!

--

www.scootlife.com

February 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.